What is Madarosis?
Thinning eyebrows is not just caused by over-plucking. It can be due to a medial condition, or simply from ageing. These are many conditions which contribute:
- Nutrient Deficiencey – Lack of integral minerals and vitamins such as A, E and D which help promote hair growth, can prevent eyebrow hair from growing back.
- Hypothyroidism – An under-active thyroid can cause women to lose one third of eyebrow hair.
- Eczema – Patches of eczema causing dry flaking skin under the eyebrows can create hair loss throughout the eyebrow.
- Alopecia Areata – This is an autoimmune disease which causes the body to attach the hair follicles, including eyebrow hair and preventing their growth. Read more information about this here, and how we can help.
- Medical Treatments – Chemotherapy treatment for cancer can stimulate the loss of hair, including on the brow line.
- Aging – This process can cause thinning of brows over the entire body.
How can we help?
At Appearances Aesthetics, we can help those suffering with madarosis by using semi permanent makeup. This can create the illusion of full, defined, shaped and darker brows. Read more about it here.
View our before and after gallery of semi permanent eyebrows in Chislehurst, Kent here.
Gillian Huntley is based in Chislehurst Kent. Book your consultation now on 07711 067789, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.